Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The content of this article has been cut.
The subject matter of this article was cut from the final version of an official / canonical source.
In the playable Half-Life 2 Beta, not all the weapons can be spawned with
impulse 101. To spawn the AK-47,
give weapon_ar1 must be entered. It can fire in semiautomatic mode, three or five-burst mode, or full-auto mode. It uses medium rounds, the same rounds used by the OICW and MP7. It is unknown what faction was to use this weapon.
- An early texture for the AK-47 can be found in the playable Half-Life 2 Beta files, in the folder "materials/Models/Weapons/Obsolete/V_ak47".
- In the Half-Life 2 files, several texture files for HUD weapon icons can be found, most of which still contain the icons for almost all of the cut weapons. The AK-47 is among them.
- The bolt and the fire mode selector appear on the left side, while they actually are on the right in real life.
- The AKM is commonly mistaken as the AK-47 in video games. Half-Life seems to have gotten it right. An easy way to tell the mistake is via a Muzzle Break, added with the AKM's take over in 1959.
- The AK-47 is a rather cheap and robust weapon, so it would have been a common weapon for the Resistance.