It is only featured throughout the cooperative campaign of Portal 2, to counter the fact that with two players, one could stand on a normal button while the other continues to solve the puzzle. This way, the players still have to obtain a cube in order to weigh down the button.
- Cube Buttons serve as the successor to the cube-and-button based testing purpose of the 1500 Megawatt Super Button, which calibrated both test subjects and testing elements.
- The buttons are used in locations where the Storage Cube is never intended to be removed once placed. By comparison, most button-based tests with the 1500 Megawatt Super Button require the button to be triggered multiple times.
- Once the button is activated, the color of the Aperture Science Storage Cube is changed to a yellow color.
List of appearances Edit
- Portal 2 (Сooperative campaign only) (First appearance)
See also Edit
- Weighted Storage Cube
- Weighted Pivot Cube
- Edgeless Safety Cube
- 1500 Megawatt Super Button
- Edgeless Safety Cube Receptacle