Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This article has yet to be cleaned up to a higher standard of quality.
You can help by correcting spelling and grammar, removing factual errors and rewriting sections to ensure they are clear and concise. Visit our Cleanup Project for more details.
The Autogun is a stationary Combine pulse turret seen only in the Half-Life 2: Episode Two chapter Under the Radar in The Junk Yard. The Autogun is used to stem the flow of Zombies pouring out of City 17 as well as block Resistance supply runs to White Forest.
The Autogun has three blue search beams that behave like Overwatch Snipers (including their obsession with killing birds), but fires a much more powerful weapon which could drain the player's full health in only a couple of hits. It can only be defeated by sneaking around behind it and dropping a grenade into its power generator.
The gun is much faster than a sniper, and hits even harder. The only way to survive is to crawl through a trench between the wrecked cars in front of it and climb up the side of the house. The house itself is heavily protected, as the player can see three soldiers patrolling outside the building, and some other guards in the cabin.
- When confronted head on, always crouch behind the cars while sneaking inside. Unlike the Combine Sniper rifle, the Autogun attacks cannot be dodged.
- The Autogun will not hold fire if a friendly unit is in the way of a target, and will kill unaware Combine Soldiers who wander into its field of fire.
- The Combine Autogun will not target Combine Zombies, even if all other enemies have been killed. This may be due to an error in the Autogun's targeting system, be it on the Combine's programming or the game developers', which renders it unable to distinguish zombified Combine units from living ones. This may also be intentional, due to the fact that no Zombines show up near the Autogun without the use of console commands.
Behind the scenesEdit
- According to the Episode Two commentary, the gun has three cannons instead of one so that the player cannot feel safe when the machine is aiming at a Zombie.
- In the Episode Two model folder "Combine_turrets" where some of the Autogun models are located, a model named "combine_cannon" can be found. A blocky device set on a tripod, it is probably an early, incomplete model.
List of appearancesEdit
- Half-Life 2: Episode Two (First appearance)