The Combat Knife is a melee weapon featured in Half-Life: Opposing Force and used by Adrian Shephard. It can be found plunged into the back of a dead Vortigaunt in a cave, and later in an office before reaching the Lambda Complex. Its appearance is similar to that of the classic KA-BAR knife and OKC-3S bayonet.
A step up from the Pipe Wrench, the knife does less damage per hit and has no secondary attack, but has a considerably faster rate of attack. The knife is best used for conserving ammo while fighting weaker enemies and breaking open supply crates.
Its speed is identical to the crowbar, but it deals twice as much damage, and can sometimes instantly kill humans from behind and instantly kill Headcrabs when they attack.
Behind the scenesEdit
- A combat knife can also be seen attached on the Human Sergeant's belt, although it is only part of his textures.
- In Counter-Strike, each player starts with a combat knife. Like in Opposing Force, the knife is able to kill a player with a single backstab.
- In the German version of Left 4 Dead 2, a few Counter-Strike weapons, including the Combat Knife, are featured.
List of appearancesEdit
- Half-Life (First appearance) (Game files only) (Non-canonical appearance)
- Half-Life SDK (Non-canonical appearance)
- Half-Life: Opposing Force
|Hazardous Environment Combat Unit|
|Characters||Dwight T. Barnes · Sharpe · Adrian Shephard · Minor HECU members|
|Weapons||Combat Knife · Desert Eagle · Dam Turret · Double Turret · Dynamite · Glock 17 · Land Mine · Laser Tripmine · M198 Howitzer · M2 Browning Machine Gun · M202A1 FLASH · M249 Squad Automatic Weapon · M40A1 Sniper Rifle · Mk 2 Grenade · MP5 · RPG · Satchel Charge · Sentry Gun · SPAS-12|
|Vehicles||AH-64 Apache · F-16 Fighting Falcon · M1A1 Abrams · M2A3 Bradley · M35 cargo truck · V-22 Osprey|
|Classes||HECU Engineer · HECU Medic · HECU Sniper|
|Technology||Powered Combat Vest · Radio · Tactical Map · Welding Torch|
|Other||Military Police · Santego Military Base|
|Vehicles (cut)||F-117 Nighthawk|
|Classes (cut)||Human Sergeant · Robot Grunt|