|The contents of this article has been cut.|
The subject matter of this article was cut from the final version of an official and/or canonical source and appears in no other canonical source.
|For other uses, see Assassin (disambiguation).|
|Entity / spawn codes||
The Combine Assassin, also known as Female Assassin or simply Assassin, is a transhuman enemy cut from Half-Life 2, the successor of Half-Life’s female assassin and a predecessor of the Overwatch Elite, who inherited her helmet.
The Combine Assassin is mostly a slimmer and female version of the Overwatch Elite, with an almost identical helmet.
She uses two automatic pistols (and originally some kind of rifle), and a variety of melee attacks. She is shown to be a quick and resourceful enemy, moving swiftly and performing flips, rolls, and other movements. She also wears heel springs, recycled as the Advanced Knee Replacement for Chell in Portal, that improves her movements and speed. The armor and padding are almost completely absent, allowing the assassin to move quickly. When she dies, the light on her helmet slowly goes off.
The Combine Assassin survived as the female Combine Sniper in the arcade version of Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Survivor, as several custom player models.
- The Combine Assassin was originally going to wear the Advanced Knee Replacement that Chell wore in Portal, but due to the cut of the Combine Assassin, the Advanced Knee Replacement applied for Chell later when Portal was in development.
- If one was to get a certain addon created by the user "Silverlan" for Garry's Mod they could have an NPC Assassin who proves rather challenging to take down. This addon also come with the Cremator, another NPC cut from Half Life 2
- The visible similarities between the Combine Assassin's uniform and that of the Overwatch elites may indicate that they hold a higher spot in the Overwatch hierarchy, on par with the elites.
List of appearancesEdit
- Half-Life 2: Raising the Bar (First appearance) (Non-canonical appearance)
- Half-Life 2: Survivor (Non-canonical appearance)