Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The content of this article has been cut.
The subject matter of this article was cut from the final version of an official / canonical source.
- Despite firing a rocket, it uses a very different model than the RPG. Besides aesthetics, it is unknown what made this weapon different than the final RPG. Although one can guess it had lock-on abilities which may have used the scope.
- While it is simply known as "Missile Launcher" in the files, it appears to be based on the FIM-92 Stinger.
- The Missile Launcher is named "ml_grenade" ("ml" stands for "Missile Launcher"). The RPG ammo is still named that way in the retail game.
- In the Half-Life 2 files, several texture files for HUD weapon icons can be found, most of which still containing the icons for almost all of the cut weapons. The Stinger is among them.
- A sound file named "stinger_fire1.wav" and used for the APC missiles can be found in the Half-Life 2 files. It is probably the original FIM-92 Stinger firing sound.