This article would greatly benefit from the addition of more images.
- "Shephard, you're alive! Listen, we've been cut off pretty bad and orders are coming down to pull out. Repeat: Pull Out! Heard they've got other plans for Black Mesa now. If you can make your way through the transit system you can probably reach the surface where we are pulling out. Good Luck! Over."
- ―HECU Officer[src]
Commonly found at choke points or camps, it gives the HECU insight on the battlefield and status on squads or camps. Gordon Freeman, Adrian Shephard, and Barney Calhoun use them to listen to the HECU's tactics and next moves. Shephard will often use radios to gain vital information on other soldiers' whereabouts and what his next move should be.
As a HECU Marine, Shephard cannot destroy any radio, while the other playable characters can.
- The texture for the main panel of the radio is also used throughout Black Mesa for generic control panels.
- All radios, (except for ones vital to gameplay) will break with 3 hits from a crowbar.
- The radio appear in the map de_nuke in Counter-Strike. However, it just a simply a prop and it cannot be destroyed or used.
List of appearancesEdit
- Half-Life: Day One (First appearance)
- Half-Life: Uplink
- Half-Life: Opposing Force
- Half-Life: Blue Shift
- Half-Life: Decay
|Hazardous Environment Combat Unit|
|Characters||Dwight T. Barnes · Sharpe · Adrian Shephard · Minor HECU members|
|Weapons||Combat Knife · Desert Eagle · Dam Turret · Double Turret · Dynamite · Glock 17 · Land Mine · Laser Tripmine · M198 Howitzer · M2 Browning Machine Gun · M202A1 FLASH · M249 Squad Automatic Weapon · M40A1 Sniper Rifle · Mk 2 Grenade · MP5 · RPG · Satchel Charge · Sentry Gun · SPAS-12|
|Vehicles||AH-64 Apache · F-16 Fighting Falcon · M1A1 Abrams · M2A3 Bradley · M35 cargo truck · V-22 Osprey|
|Classes||HECU Engineer · HECU Medic · HECU Sniper|
|Technology||Powered Combat Vest · Radio · Tactical Map · Welding Torch|
|Other||Military Police · Santego Military Base|
|Vehicles (cut)||F-117 Nighthawk|
|Classes (cut)||Human Sergeant · Robot Grunt|