Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The content of this article has been cut.
The subject matter of this article was cut from the final version of an official / canonical source.
This article is about the early character. For her successor, see Judith Mossman.
- Helena Mossman's model shows her as blond, with a purple coat and purple trousers. Her original hairdo reinforced the decision that the Half-Life characters would have all short or constrained hair - the alternative to what Valve artists call "helmet hair". Furthermore, as the team started working with Michelle Forbes in the voice sessions, Mossman became much more sympathetic and nuanced, moving farther from the personality type for whom this model was originally designed. Mossman's model in the Half-Life 2 Beta files is very similar to the retail one; what remains of the original model are only its textures.
- Helena Mossman was to be the director of Kraken Base (she refers to herself as "Kraken's director" in the playable Half-Life 2 Beta sound files) and was to be met at the start of the game, when Gordon was teleported from Kleiner's Lab to Kraken Base. Like in the retail version, the teleportation would fail and Gordon would instead go to Eli's lab, and reach Kraken Base much later in the game with Odell, after the Borealis chapter.
- Sound files located in the folder "/temp/alyx/" in the playable Half-Life 2 Beta files give some information about a prototype of Half-Life 2's final Citadel scene. Alyx can be heard saying "Let go of me, you bitch!", referring to Mossman, and also lectures the Consul about him being "just another cog in the Combine machinery". As confirmed in concept art seen in Raising the Bar, it hints that Mossman's betrayal was decided very early by the developers.
- Being in an Arctic location in Half-Life 2: Episode One, Judith Mossman is seen wearing a winter coat and gloves above her original clothes. This somehow restores her original purple outfit.
- Across the web, "Elaine" is often erroneously used instead of "Helena".