This article has yet to be cleaned up to a higher standard of quality.
You can help by correcting spelling and grammar, removing factual errors and rewriting sections to ensure they are clear and concise. Visit our Cleanup Project for more details.
Hoopie, also known as Hoopy, is a small round metal hoop that falls out of the sky at the end of Portal. Apparently, Hoopie was once part of GLaDOS. It is seen again in Portal 2 when GLaDOS "awakens," as well as in one of Doug Rattmann's dens.
The GameInformer Portal 2 - March 2010 hub reveals that Hoopie was seen as a "meme" by the developers, but never reached the ears of the fans until then, the Companion Cube and the cake instead becoming the Portal memes.
- The entity that made Hoopie fall next to the player was actually the engine's "gibshooter" entity.
- Hoopie was also a dynamic prop, so mappers should use the entity "prop_physics/dynamic_override" for it to appear.
List of appearancesEdit
- Portal (First appearance)
- Portal 2: Lab Rat
- Portal ARG (Possible appearance)
- Portal 2
- Portal: Prelude (Non-canonical appearance)
- ↑ Portal 2 offical guide
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Opening The Portal: Exploring The Game's Development on GameInformer.com