|This article is within the scope of the Portal Project, a collaborative effort to improve articles related to Portal and Portal 2.|
Please see the project page for more details about the current article status.
|Warning! This article has yet to be cleaned up to a higher standard of quality, per our Cleanup Project. It may contain factual errors and nonsense, as well as spelling, grammar and structure issues, or simply structure problems. Reader's discretion is advised until fixing is done.|
You can help clean up this page by correcting spelling and grammar, removing factual errors and rewriting sections to ensure they are clear and concise, and moving some elements when appropriate.
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
|Entity / spawn codes||
Hoopie, also known as Hoopy, is a small round metal hoop that falls out of the sky at the end of Portal. Apparently, Hoopie was once part of GLaDOS. It is seen again in Portal 2 when GLaDOS "awakens," as well as in one of Doug Rattmann's dens.
The GameInformer Portal 2 - March 2010 hub reveals that Hoopie was seen as a "meme" by the developers, but never reached the ears of the fans until then, the Companion Cube and the cake instead becoming the Portal memes.
- The entity that made Hoopie fall next to the player was actually the engine's "gibshooter" entity.
- Hoopie was also a dynamic prop, so mappers should use the entity "prop_physics/dynamic_override" for him to appear.
List of appearancesEdit
- Portal (First appearance)
- Portal 2: Lab Rat
- Portal ARG (Possible appearance)
- Portal 2
- Portal: Prelude (Non-canonical appearance)
- ↑ Portal 2 offical guide
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Opening The Portal: Exploring The Game's Development on GameInformer.com