The content of this article has been cut.
The subject matter of this article was cut from the final version of an official / canonical source.
- Reusing the model of GLaDOS' Curiosity Core, the Turret was to emit a laser similar to that of the Aperture Science Sentry Turret or the Rocket Sentry, except that it was to be light blue in color and burn the player in a way similar to that of the Thermal Discouragement Beam. A pre-release screenshot depicts it dangling from a wire attached to the ceiling, which would explain its name.
- Spawning the Turret in-game with the code "npc_hover_turret" will provide the "error" model, as the model is missing from the files - only the Combine Sniper laser is visible and effective, with a yellow sprite that lies where the "eye" would be found. The NPC is apparently fully functional: the laser will hurt the player, resulting in death if they do not move; the Turret will also follow the player when coming closer. It is however not affected by physics; it cannot be carried (while it originally was to be possible), be sent through an Excursion Funnel, etc. However, the Hover Turret can be destroyed by using the rocket command in the console. This is just due to the fact that the ERROR model has no physics data.
- One of the cut Pneumatic Diversity Vent Passive Monitoring images was to be used for the Hover Turret, identified as a Personality Construct named "Lazer Turret", with the screen texture file named "vacum_scanner_tv_hover01.vtf".
If you use cheats to noclip through the starting area, a hover turret can be found outside the room but it can only be viewed from a distance
List of appearances
- Portal 2 (Game files only) (Non-canonical appearance) (First appearance)
- The Final Hours of Portal 2