The content of this article has been cut.
The subject matter of this article was cut from the final version of an official / canonical source.
Mel is a playable character cut from Portal 2. She was originally to be one of two cooperative campaign Test Subjects, the other being Chell. In earlier plans of Portal 2 she was to be the protagonist of the single-player campaign but was cut as well.
- Initially, Mel was to be the protagonist of Portal 2; which was, at the time, set as a prequel. But playtesters were disappointed that GLaDOS did not recognize them and so she was scrapped from the single-player campaign and replaced by Chell.
- She was completely scrapped from the game when the co-op characters were turned into ATLAS and P-body, two infinitely respawnable robots, whereas Chell is kept for the singleplayer campaign only. Replacing the two human Test Subjects with robots was decided when it was noted that playtesters tended to die a lot, thus creating an in-universe reason for the constant respawning.
- Several GLaDOS lines written when the two Test Subjects were still to be human (notably GLaDOS taunting the two women about their weight) have been kept for the robots, adding to the comedy of the game.
- Her placeholder model was Chell's player model from the first game, with a light blue jumpsuit, blonde hair, blue eyes, and a much more fair skin tone. Her texture files for this placeholder can be found in Portal 2's game files.
List of appearances Edit
- Portal 2 (First appearance) (Game files only) (Non-canonical appearance)
- The Final Hours of Portal 2 (Non-canonical appearance)