Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "I'm sorry, Corporal, this is a restricted area!"
The Military Police, commonly abbreviated as MP, consists of members of the United States armed forces who guard the Hazardous Environment Combat Unit's training base, Santego. They are charged with guarding areas that need security clearance to enter, and taking and storing the weapons that a member of the HECU uses during his training exercises. Each soldier is armed with a MP5 and appear to wear a Powered Combat Vest. Unlike regular soldiers, however, MPs bear red and white sashes and the letters "MP" on their metal hard helmets, as well as an armband with "MP" on it. If talked to, they will utter only two phrases: "I'm sorry, Corporal, this is a restricted area!" and "This is a restricted area, soldier!".
Behind the scenesEdit
- In Half-Life, the Black Mesa security guards were originally to be members of the Military Police.
- There is an unused audio file in which a scientist mistakes Gordon Freeman as one and remarks them as the "The Administrator's" men. This suggests that the Military Police were to be under command of Wallace Breen.
- The MPs look a lot more like the security guards in Half Life 1997. In one scene, an MP kills a scientist who looks like a security guard but it may have been a guard that betrayed them and was killed later.
- Firing on any member of the Military Police after picking up the Desert Eagle will end the game. This is also the case for firing upon any of the Drill Instructors.
List of appearancesEdit
- Half-Life: Opposing Force (First appearance)
|Hazardous Environment Combat Unit|
|Characters||Dwight T. Barnes · Sharpe · Adrian Shephard · Minor HECU members|
|Weapons||Combat Knife · Desert Eagle · Dam Turret · Double Turret · Dynamite · Glock 17 · Land Mine · Laser Tripmine · M198 Howitzer · M2 Browning Machine Gun · M202A1 FLASH · M249 Squad Automatic Weapon · M40A1 Sniper Rifle · Mk 2 Grenade · MP5 · RPG · Satchel Charge · Sentry Gun · SPAS-12|
|Vehicles||AH-64 Apache · F-16 Fighting Falcon · M1A1 Abrams · M2A3 Bradley · M35 cargo truck · V-22 Osprey|
|Classes||HECU Engineer · HECU Medic · HECU Sniper|
|Technology||Powered Combat Vest · Radio · Tactical Map · Welding Torch|
|Other||Military Police · Santego Military Base|
|Vehicles (cut)||F-117 Nighthawk|
|Classes (cut)||Human Sergeant · Robot Grunt|