The content of this article has been cut.
The subject matter of this article was cut from the final version of an official / canonical source.
As it name implies, it is a standard Molotov cocktail with identical effects. When thrown, it produces a large circle of fire which will remain for a while before dissipating, and could presumably be put out with the Fire Extinguisher, also cut.
Behind the scenes
- It was originally to be used by Citizens against Combine forces in the Half-Life 2 test level Get Your Free TVs!.
- It was originally part of the Brickbat props, thus its Headcrab appearance when spawned in the playable Beta, as well as the Snark HUD icon from the original Half-Life.
- In the playable Half-Life 2 Beta, the fire sprites are so small that it is almost impossible to notice them.
- The bottle model and its textures exist, but the texture is broken in both the viewmodel and worldmodel.
- Hammer shows that Citizens have two weapon choices named "Beer Bottle" and "Beer Bottle2", related to the Brickbat and the Molotov cocktail.
- In the Half-Life 2 files, several texture files for HUD weapon icons can be found, most of which still containing the icons for almost all of the cut weapons. The Molotov Cocktail is among them.
- The Molotov Cocktail was originally to appear in Counter-Strike, but was ultimately cut. It is now included in Counter-Stike: Global Offensive.
- The Molotov Cocktail idea was reused for Left 4 Dead as an optional secondary weapon for the Survivors to ignite zombies from long range. The model was remade from scratch.