Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The content of this article has been cut.
The subject matter of this article was cut from the final version of an official / canonical source.
As it name implies, it is a standard Molotov cocktail with identical effects. When thrown, it produces a large circle of fire which will remain for a while before dissipating, and could presumably be put out with the Fire Extinguisher, also cut.
Behind the scenesEdit
- It was originally to be used by Citizens against Combine forces in the Half-Life 2 test level Get Your Free TVs!.
- It was originally part of the Brickbat props, thus its Headcrab appearance when spawned in the playable Beta, as well as the Snark HUD icon from the original Half-Life.
- In the playable Half-Life 2 Beta, the fire sprites are so small that it is almost impossible to notice them.
- The bottle model and its textures exist, but the texture is broken in both the viewmodel and worldmodel.
- Hammer shows that Citizens have two weapon choices named "Beer Bottle" and "Beer Bottle2", related to the Brickbat and the Molotov cocktail.
- In the Half-Life 2 files, several texture files for HUD weapon icons can be found, most of which still containing the icons for almost all of the cut weapons. The Molotov Cocktail is among them.
- The Molotov Cocktail was originally to appear in Counter-Strike, but was ultimately cut. It is now included in Counter-Stike: Global Offensive.
- The Molotov Cocktail idea was reused for Left 4 Dead as an optional secondary weapon for the Survivors to ignite zombies from long range. The model was remade from scratch.