This article would greatly benefit from the addition of more images.
This article has yet to be cleaned up to a higher standard of quality.
You can help by correcting spelling and grammar, removing factual errors and rewriting sections to ensure they are clear and concise. Visit our Cleanup Project for more details.
The Radio Tower is an abandoned radio tower found in the Outlands. During the Half-Life 2: Episode Two chapter Riding Shotgun, Gordon Freeman and Alyx Vance pass through the area on their way to The Junk Yard.
The radio tower is located near three houses. In the first house is a dining room and a small bar. Under the bar are outlets and plugs. In the second house is a computer and broadcasting equipment which Alyx uses to transmit a message to White Forest. The third house consists of numerous bedrooms.
Before entering the radio tower there is a Rebel watchtower to protect the entrance to protect the radio tower from Combine forces.
Half-Life 2: Episode TwoEdit
In Episode Two's third chapter, Riding Shotgun Gordon and Alyx make their way to White Forest with the Muscle Car, but the road is blocked off with Combine Barricades and wrecked cars, the two are forced to take detour to continue on their way. On the way, Gordon Freeman and Alyx Vance find a radio tower. The tower requires power, which Gordon manages to provide by starting up a generator in the basement of a nearby building. After doing so, a Hunter and its pack ambush Gordon and Alyx. Upon successfully defeating them, Alyx attempts to send a message to White Forest, but the transmission is cut by a Combine Advisor. Alyx opens up the gate blocking their progress, and the two continue along the road to White Forest.
- Distant Hunter noises can be heard around the three buildings.
- The Radio tower has an Orange Box Achievement, "Meet the Hunters", requiring to survive the ambush.
- This is one of few location where Alyx is reprogrammed to use cover system and blindfiring when Hunters start to shoot the doors, other are in the White Forest Inn. However, being a scripted AI. Her shots are rarely able to hit the targets.
List of appearancesEdit
- Source Particle Benchmark (First appearance) (Game files only) (Non-canonical appearance)
- Half-Life 2: Episode Two (First identified as Radio Tower)
|Half-Life 2 story arc journey||Succeeded by|
The Junk Yard