Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The content of this article has been cut.
The subject matter of this article was cut from the final version of an official / canonical source.
- The original green Robot Grunt is featured in the Half-Life SDK files in the folder "RGrunt" (there the name "robot grunt" is given in the file "rgrunt.qc"), but not in the Half-Life game files.
- It is notably known for replacing all HECU soldiers in the censored German version of Half-Life. Germany heavily censors video games with an excessive amount of violence or strong Nazi references. The German version of Half-Life also features other censored elements, such as when Black Mesa employees die. It has the same voice as the uncensored HECU, even sometimes saying "Augh! Medic!" when shot.
- The model of the Robot Grunt was also used to replace all classes of Team Fortress Classic in the German version.
- The only version available in the retail games is a bronze variant available as a player model for the multiplayer version of Half-Life, named "robo".
List of appearancesEdit
- Half-Life (First appearance) (German version only) (Green version)
- Half-Life Deathmatch (After the 126.96.36.199 patch) (Non-canonical appearance) (Bronze version)
- ↑ Germany Tightens Censorship on Game Violence at Tom's Guide
- ↑ Computer Games on the Index List in Germany on the Blue Image website (listing all video games not allowed to be played at public Internet terminals in Germany, including Half-Life) (English version)
- ↑ Video Game Censorship in Germany: How it works, how it doesn't on 21st Century Digital Boy
- ↑ Gameplay in the censored German version of Half-Life (features the Robot Grunt replacing the HECU soldiers at 3:35 and onwards, and other examples of censored features)
- ↑ Schnittbericht: Team Fortress Classic at Schnittberichte.com (German)
|Hazardous Environment Combat Unit|
|Characters||Dwight T. Barnes · Sharpe · Adrian Shephard · Minor HECU members|
|Weapons||Combat Knife · Desert Eagle · Dam Turret · Double Turret · Dynamite · Glock 17 · Land Mine · Laser Tripmine · M198 Howitzer · M2 Browning Machine Gun · M202A1 FLASH · M249 Squad Automatic Weapon · M40A1 Sniper Rifle · Mk 2 Grenade · MP5 · RPG · Satchel Charge · Sentry Gun · SPAS-12|
|Vehicles||AH-64 Apache · F-16 Fighting Falcon · M1A1 Abrams · M2A3 Bradley · M35 cargo truck · V-22 Osprey|
|Classes||HECU Engineer · HECU Medic · HECU Sniper|
|Technology||Powered Combat Vest · Radio · Tactical Map · Welding Torch|
|Other||Military Police · Santego Military Base|
|Vehicles (cut)||F-117 Nighthawk|
|Classes (cut)||Human Sergeant · Robot Grunt|