The content of this article has been cut.
The subject matter of this article was cut from the final version of an official / canonical source.
- The original green Robot Grunt is featured in the Half-Life SDK files in the folder "RGrunt" (there the name "robot grunt" is given in the file "rgrunt.qc"), but not in the Half-Life game files.
- It is notably known for replacing all HECU soldiers in the censored German version of Half-Life. Germany heavily censors video games with an excessive amount of violence or strong Nazi references. The German version of Half-Life also features other censored elements, such as when Black Mesa employees die. It has the same voice as the uncensored HECU, even sometimes saying "Augh! Medic!" when shot.
- The model of the Robot Grunt was also used to replace all classes of Team Fortress Classic in the German version.
- The only version available in the retail games is a bronze variant available as a player model for the multiplayer version of Half-Life, named "robo".
List of appearancesEdit
- Half-Life (First appearance) (German version only) (Green version)
- Half-Life Deathmatch (After the 188.8.131.52 patch) (Non-canonical appearance) (Bronze version)
- ↑ Germany Tightens Censorship on Game Violence at Tom's Guide
- ↑ Computer Games on the Index List in Germany on the Blue Image website (listing all video games not allowed to be played at public Internet terminals in Germany, including Half-Life) (English version)
- ↑ Video Game Censorship in Germany: How it works, how it doesn't on 21st Century Digital Boy
- ↑ Gameplay in the censored German version of Half-Life (features the Robot Grunt replacing the HECU soldiers at 3:35 and onwards, and other examples of censored features)
- ↑ Schnittbericht: Team Fortress Classic at Schnittberichte.com (German)
|Hazardous Environment Combat Unit|
|Characters||Dwight T. Barnes · Sharpe · Adrian Shephard · Minor HECU members|
|Weapons||Combat Knife · Desert Eagle · Dam Turret · Double Turret · Dynamite · Glock 17 · Land Mine · Laser Tripmine · M198 Howitzer · M2 Browning Machine Gun · M202A1 FLASH · M249 Squad Automatic Weapon · M40A1 Sniper Rifle · Mk 2 Grenade · MP5 · RPG · Satchel Charge · Sentry Gun · SPAS-12|
|Vehicles||AH-64 Apache · F-16 Fighting Falcon · M1A1 Abrams · M2A3 Bradley · M35 cargo truck · V-22 Osprey|
|Classes||HECU Engineer · HECU Medic · HECU Sniper|
|Technology||Powered Combat Vest · Radio · Tactical Map · Welding Torch|
|Other||Military Police · Santego Military Base|
|Vehicles (cut)||F-117 Nighthawk|
|Classes (cut)||Human Sergeant · Robot Grunt|