Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This article has yet to be cleaned up to a higher standard of quality.
You can help by correcting spelling and grammar, removing factual errors and rewriting sections to ensure they are clear and concise. Visit our Cleanup Project for more details.
This article is about a mod.
SMOD: Tactical is a mod aimed at providing a challenging tactical shooter experience for SMOD players. It accomplishes this through a reduced HUD, a limited player inventory, the inclusion of real-world weapons, and a number of other tweaks to its source material.
- The mod uses a minimal HUD with no crosshairs and a health regeneration system like that in the Call of Duty series. Because freeaim is enabled, the use of iron sights is doubly important for the player to be effective.
- The mod includes real-world weapons (using Counter-Strike community models), all with bullet penetration, iron sight views and a fitting lethality.
- Weapons from the vanilla Half Life 2 and the normal SMOD have been completely replaced and deleted (except for the Gravity Gun, Bugbait, and RPG, since these are necessary to complete the single player campaign,) and can no longer be acquired though normal means or even console codes.
- The opposition is more aggressive than in Half-Life2 and will frequently attempt to suppress and flank you. They also make use of grenades more often to flush you from cover.
- Custom or converted models and skins by tokotokowalker and art by Shakken help add to the atmosphere.
- New configuration files make changing gore settings, enemy difficulty, and so on a bit easier.
- Includes a number of mapadd scripts for playing single-player on stock or community maps like cs_assault, dm_mine_enhanced, etc.