|For other uses, see Bahl (disambiguation).|
Stephen Bahl is a conceptual artist, game developer, composer, and writer for Gearbox Software, that he joined in 1999. After attending Tigard High School, he graduated from the Art Institute of Dallas. He focuses on model building and animation and is a power-house of 3d game content development. He is married to Jeana Bahl.
For Half-Life: Opposing Force, he co-wrote the story with Rob Heironimus and Kristy Junio, and created all of the new HECU soldier classes and variations, the Race X creatures and weapons, and other weapons such as the Displacer Cannon. He also made additional music for Half-Life: Blue Shift and all of the weapon and HECU models for the Half-Life High Definition Pack. Now he creates Gearbox Software's teaser videos and trailers.
Bahl served in both the 101st Airborne Division and the 506th Infantry Regiment for the United States Army and contributes to the company's video games with his real-world military experience (e.g. for their Brothers in Arms series). During his service, he was stationed in locations throughout the world such as Panama and the Korean Demilitarized Zone.
Work for Opposing ForceEdit
- The Race X creatures and weapons
- The new HECU classes and variations
- The Displacer Cannon
- All of the HD weapon and HECU models
- In the Doom mod Massmouth (and its sequel Massmouth 2), there is a planet (Bahl), and a chapter (Back to Bahl) named after Steve. Adding to this reference is the fact that the main inhabitants of the planet are Shock Troopers.
- Stephen Bahl at Gearboxcity