The content of this article has been cut.
The subject matter of this article was cut from the final version of an official / canonical source.
Behavior and skillsEdit
A bat-like creature with six eyes, the Stukabat would have been met in open spaces - at least during the Half-Life chapters Blast Pit, On A Rail,, and on Xen - and attack the player from the air with its claws. According to its animations and early gameplay footage, it was able to hang itself on ceilings like a normal bat, walk on the ground after being forced on it, aided by its single rear leg and its wings, and would not always attack the player. It would also emit bird of prey-like noises.
- The Stukabat may have been named after the Junkers Ju 87 'Stuka' dive-bomber, used by the German Luftwaffe in World War Two. Both the Stukabat and the aircraft share similar wings and 'Stuka' originating from the term "Sturzkampfflugzeug"; which in German means 'Dive-bomber', and usually refers to the Ju-87 alone.
- Another reference is that it has a dive-bombing animation.
- It is an enemy featured in Sven Co-op.
List of appearancesEdit
- Half-Life (First appearance) (Game files only) (Non-canonical appearance)
- Half-Life 2: Raising the Bar (As "Stuka") (Non-canonical appearance)
|Creatures||Alien Aircraft · Alien Controller · Alien Grunt · Barnacle · Boid · Bullsquid · Chumtoad · Gargantua · Headcrab · Houndeye · Ichthyosaur · Leech · Nihilanth · Protozoan · Snark · Tentacle · Vortigaunt|
|Headcrabs||Headcrab · Fast Headcrab · Gonarch · Lamarr · Poison Headcrab · Standard Headcrab · Headcrab Shell|
|Zombies||Zombie · Fast Zombie · Gonome · Poison Zombie · Standard Zombie · Zombine|
|Vortigaunts||Vortigaunt · Vortigese · All-Knowing Vortigaunt · R-4913 and X-8973 · Sweepy · Uriah · Victory Mine Vortigaunt · Vortigaunt Camp · Vortigaunt Shepherd|
|Flora and minerals||Crystal · Fungus · Healing Pool · Light Stalk · Trampoline · Tree|
|Weapons||Ceiling Turret · Hivehand · Sentry Cannon · Snark · Snark Mine|
|Technology||Healing Shower · Thumper|
|Creatures (cut)||Archer · Charger · Fast Walker · Flocking Floater · Kingpin · Mr. Friendly · Panther Eye · Sand Barnacle · Snapbug · Stukabat|
|Weapons (cut)||Black Hole Gun|