Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This article would greatly benefit from the addition of more images.
Originally manufactured and used by the Combine, the supply crate is used in great numbers by the Resistance to hold and deliver health, ammunition, and energy equipment. Standard wooden supply crates are generally located near a Lambda logo, while infinite ammo crates are in Combine and Resistance-controlled areas.
- Supply crates visually are very different from normal wooden crates, as they are much smaller and have the word "supply" written on them, inside a yellow square.
- Much like other objects, crates can be picked up and destroyed by the Gravity Gun quite easily. The crowbar will always do the trick in one hit, regardless of the difficulty setting.
- The supplies in the crate depend on the player's status; for example, if the player's health is low, the supply crate will usually give the player a medkit. Conversely, if the player's health is high, and has a good amount of ammo, the crates are more likely to give common supplies like 9mm pistol ammo or SMG ammo.
- There are few supply crates that always contain the same items. Such examples are the ones placed close to the Crossbow usually contain crossbow bolts ammo.
- At some point in Half-Life 2: Episode Two, supply crates are equipped with a Transponder, allowing Gordon and Alyx to find them easier with the radar located in the Muscle Car.
- Supply crates are also needed for the "Lambda Locator" Orange Box Achievement in Half-Life 2 and the "Cache Checker" achievement in Episode Two, involving the finding of every supply crate cache.
- The supply crate also has a variant (the "infinite ammo crate"), which contains infinite ammo. More of the size of a trunk, it is dark green, and made out of metal. They cannot be moved or destroyed and will resupply every time they are opened. RPG infinite ammo crates will often hint an important battle to come, most of the time involving one or more Combine Gunships or Striders.
- Some texture files show that infinite ammo crates were also to provide ammo for the .357 Magnum and the crossbow. They can still be added with Hammer but will display the "ERROR" model because the crate models are missing.
- Before the May 26 update The Gravity Gun was unable to destroy supply crates when punted directly, as it can only be destroyed by grabbing it and than launching it at the ground. After this update, it can be destroyed with a single hit.
List of appearancesEdit
- Half-Life 2 (First appearance)
- Half-Life 2: Raising the Bar
- Half-Life 2: Lost Coast (Non-canonical appearance)
- Half-Life 2: Episode One
- ApertureScience.com (Not before Christmas 2007)
- Source Particle Benchmark (Game files only) (Non-canonical appearance)
- Half-Life 2: Episode Two