This article has yet to be cleaned up to a higher standard of quality.
You can help by correcting spelling and grammar, removing factual errors and rewriting sections to ensure they are clear and concise. Visit our Cleanup Project for more details.
There are many cheats for The Orange Box for all the platforms listed below.
Xbox 360 Edit
- Full Ammo: Y, B, A, X, RB, Y, X, A, B, RB
- Free Health: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A
- spawn rebels: up, down, Y, Y, X, A
- Full Ammo For Current Gun: RB Y,B,A,X RB Y,X,A,B
- God mode: LB, Up, RB, Up, LB, LB, Up, RB, RB, Up
- Super Gravity gun: LB, X, A, Up
- Unlock all levels: Left, Left, Left, Left, LB, Right, Right, Right, Right, RB
- Create Health Pack from Half-Life 2: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A
- Create Box: Down, B, A, B, Y, Down, B, A, B, Y
- Fire Energy Ball: Up, Y, Y, X, X, A, A, B, B, Up
- Fire Rocket Projectile: Up, Y, Y, B, B, A, A, X, X, Up
- Portalgun ID 0: Up, Left, Down, Right, Up, Left, Down, Right, Y, Y
- Portalgun ID 1: Up, Left, Down, Right, Up, Left, Down, Right, X, X
- Portalgun ID 2: Up, Left, Down, Right, Up, Left, Down, Right, A, A
- Portalgun ID 3: Up, Left, Down, Right, Up, Left, Down, Right, B, B
- Portal Placement Anywhere: Y, A, B, A, B, Y, Y, A, Left, Right
- Upgrade Portalgun: X, B, LB, RB, Left, Right, LB, RB, LT, RT
Half-Life 2 and PortalEdit
- Invicibility: LB, Up, RB, Up, LB, LB, Up, RB, RB, Up
- Unlock All Stages: Left, Left, Left, Left, LB, Right, Right, Right, Right, RB
- Restore Ammo: R1, Triangle, O, X, Square, R1, Triangle, Square, X, O, R1
- Restore Health: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, O, X
- All Levels: Left, Left, Left, Left, L1, Right, Right, Right, Right, R1
Turn on the cheat console in-game, and press the tilde (~) to bring it up. You can then type the codes in below for the desired effect.
- ai_disable - NPCs are turned off;
- give item_battery - Receive 15 battery points;
- give item_healthkit - Receive 25 health points;
- kill - Character eliminates himself;
- npc_create - Create NPCs;
- impulse 101 - Get all weapons
- ent_create npc_combine_s model models/combine_super_soldier.mdl - Create the so called unspawnable Overwatch Elite soldier. Adding additionalequipment weapon_"weaponname" behind it spawns him with a weapon.
Type "npc_create npc_[name]” to spawn an NPC. Here is a list of the names you can enter for [name]:
- "alyx" (Alyx Vance)
- "barney" (Barney Calhoun)
- "dog" (Dog)
- "kleiner" (Isaac Kleiner)
- "eli" (Eli Vance)
- "mossman" (Judith Mossman)
- "monk" (Father Grigori)
- "citizen" (Citizen)
- "headcrab" (Standard Headcrab)
- "zombie" (Standard Headcrab)
- "zombie_torso" (Standard Zombie Torso)
- "headcrab_fast" (Fast Headcrab)
- "headcrab_black" (Black Headcrab)
- "headcrab_poison" (Poison Headcrab)
- "fastzombie" (Fast Zombie)
- "poisonzombie" (Poison Zombie)
- "antlion" (Antlion Soldier)
- "antlionguard" (antlion Guard)
- "combine_s" (Combine Soldier/Shotgun Soldier (if weapons is set to shotgun)
- "metropolice" (Civil Protection)
- "stalker" (Stalker)
- "cscanner" (City Scanner)
- "manhack" (Manhack)
- "rollermine" (Rollermine)
- "combine_mine" (Hopper Mine)
- "combine_camera" (Combine Camera)
- "turret_floor" (Combine Sentry Gun)
- "turret_ceiling" (Combine Ceiling Turret)
- "turret_ground" (Combine Ground Turret)
- "launcher" (?)
- "combinedropship" (Dropship)
- "combinegunship" (Gunship)
- "strider" (Strider)
- "pigeon" (Pigeon)
- "crow" (Crow)
- "seagull" (Seagull)
- "barnacle" (Barnacle)
- "ichthyosaur" (Ichthyosaur)
- "vortigaunt" (Vortigaunt)
- "clawscanner" (Shield Scanner)
- "zombine" (Combine Zombie/Zombine)
- "fastzombie_torso" (Fast Zombie Torso)
Episode Two OnlyEdit
- "antlion_grub" (Antlion Grub)
- "antlion" (Antlion Worker)
- "hunter" (Good A.I. Hunter)
- "antlionguard" (Antlion Guardian (cannot be spawned))
- "magnusson" (Arne Magnusson)
Episode One OnlyEdit
- "ministrider" (Bad A.I. Hunter)
All commands are done via the console. They must be enabled via the console option on shortcut, or enabled through the in-game options under the Advanced section of Controls. It is then accessed by pressing ~. (Note: Most of these require sv_cheats to be set to 1.)
- change_portalgun_linkage_id # - Replace # with 0, 1, 2, or 3. This allows for separate sets of portals to be created.
- ent_create_portal_weight_box - Creates a Weighted Storage Cube for your use.
- fire_energy_ball - Fires an energy ball that can be used in solving puzzles.
- sv_portal_placement_never_bump 1 - Self-explanatory; portals can overlap and be place on one another.
- sv_portal_placement_never_fail 1 - Portals can be placed on almost any surface.
- upgrade_portalgun - Will allow use of second portal placement.
Turn on the cheat console in-game, and press the tilde (~) to bring it up. You can then type the codes in below for the desired effect…
- god - Unlock God Mode
- noclip - Flying ability
- notarget - Enemies can't target your character
- sv_cheats # - Turn cheats on or off (on = 1, off = 0)
- buddha - Players will not die, but will lose health when taking damage until 1 point.
- ent_fire npc_# ignite - Ignite selected NPC.
- ent_fire npc_# setrelationship "#(PLAYER or npc_alyx for example) D_LI 99" (D_LI stand for friendly and D_HT stand for hostile) - Set relation between two type NPC's relationship.